Become a member of the Prehistoric Society! Membership runs from January to January each year.
Prehistoric Society members receive the following:
- The annual academic journal The Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society.
- Our regular newsletter PAST, published three times a year.
- Free or reduced admission to the Society's lectures, conferences and events, held in a wide range of locations around the UK or online.
- Access to PPS Collections Online.
- Access to the Society's various Grants and Awards schemes.
- Membership discount on copies of the Prehistoric Society Research Papers.
How to join or renew
Prehistoric Society memberships can be purchased:
- online using the options below;
- by cheque made out to 'The Prehistoric Society'. Payments preferred in Pounds Sterling. Euro and Dollar payments are acceptable, although £5 should be added to cover bank charges.
Recurring payments for membership renewals can, but do not have to, be managed via Paypal: To change or cancel your pre-approval with The Prehistoric Society, log in to your PayPal account, go to Profile and click 'My money'. Update your pre-approvals in the 'My automatic payments' section.
If you would like to make a recurring payment, but not with PayPal, please consider setting up a standing order: details of how to do this can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to renew your membership by cheque, please follow the instructions above.
Please note: it is the member's responsibility to keep their contact and subscription/banking details up to date as refunds will only be given in exceptional circumstances.